Monday, March 26, 2007

Gigabyte i-RAM battery replacement

I've been waiting for the response from Gigabyte about where I can get a battery replacement for i-RAM. Apparently the email had been sitting in the junk folder for weeks now. Thank you Yahoo junk email filter.

Anyway, It's going to cost me $10 + $6SH to replace the dead battery which was only 6 months old. I'm giving up on i-RAM and waiting for all flash SSD now. Don't want to waste any more money on i-RAM.

For those who want to replace your dead i-RAM battery, just send email to http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/.

3 comments:

  1. ACard's ANS-9010 Serial ATA RAM disk

    Cheap uses stat raid0 interface at a reasonable price.

    uses ddr2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Price went up to $35 and $8 shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a used iRAM that didn't include the battery, and Anonymous is correct that the cost is now $35+$8. Fortunately, the device does work fine without it, and even retains your data when you reboot or shut down, so long as you don't unplug the system. I'm only using the iRAM for my page file right now, so I don't really care if the data gets lost.

    If the battery was still $10+$6, I'd jump on that deal in a heartbeat. At $35+$8... I'm not sure it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete