Friday, September 14, 2007

Event ID 51: Need new backup system

Scary error message on my USB hard drives where all my backup files reside.

Since this error suddenly appeared on all four hard drives on the 4-drives USB enclosure, I'm guessing the problem is actually on the IDE-to-USB board not the hard drives.

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation.
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\D during a paging operation.
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk4\D during a paging operation.

Since a 500GB hard drive is actually cheaper than a 4-drives USB enclosure and larger than the four drives combined, I guess I'm getting one soon.

Update:My Motherboard gone bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment