Monday, October 29, 2007

Why Comcast hates me? Or is it Goolge? Or level3?

For weeks now, my Comcast High Speed Internet is having intermittent problem connecting to Google.com. When I typed google.com in address bar, I get

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
  • The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

First I thought it was Comcast DNS. When I tried opendns.com's DNS, Google works fine. But if the Comcast DNS was down, I should have got "Server not found" error, not "The connection was reset". Also I shouldn't able to ping google.com.

For hours of searching on the web for an answer, I got

So the answers I got: Comcast DNS is down, Comcast is actively blocking Google, Comcast's Sandvine is sending forged TCP reset packet, Level3 is down, Google registration is messed up, Google internal routing table is messed up.

I just hope that the Comcast is not blocking me for my heavy Internet uses (about 1-2GB per day).

No comments:

Post a Comment